Dear LCPS Family:

Week # 37 - it's over!!!! Another successful school year has ended midst celebrations, cheers, and good-byes. Thanks to each and every one of you - the LCPS family - for your efforts to help our students become life-long learners. 

The slide show documents the celebrations and happiness that has permeated LCPS this week. Water activities were prominent at the TES SOL celebration, as well as at the TJES and JES Field Days. Check out Valerie Davis' third graders' life size images decorating the hallway at TES. At MNES, I attended the second grade end-of-year Awards Program which featured a slide show documenting the year's activities. Also check out the marriage and baby recognitions at the MNES faculty lunch. LCMS eighth graders transitioned to ninth grade to a full house of family members in the LCHS gym. LCHS students ended their year in the stadium with pizza and music, while the LCHS staff closed out the year with a picnic in Doug Straley's back yard. While this was happening, on Thursday at noon, LuAnne Unruh became Dr. Unruh. Congratulations, Luanne!!!!

As we end this year, we already look forward to the next. Please join me in congratulating Candace Wilkerson who will be assuming the role of Assistant Principal at Jouett and Dr. Michael Heard who will be assuming the role of Assistant Principal at Moss-Nuckols. Our school families are close-knit and that is what makes Louisa a unique place. Transitions mean having to say "Good-bye" to our colleagues whom we have grown to love and respect, but they have just moved within LCPS family and have not really left us.

This has been a most rewarding year for me as I have visited each school every week (except two) of this school year. Watching you provide our students a world-class education is truly an exciting experience. Providing education to our students is a complex process that requires many people doing their jobs well every day.  Take some time to review the weekly slide shows and reflect on all that happens during a school year. I am proud that LCPS is all about education. Our achievement scores and our students' performance outside the classroom show it. Thank you for a job well-done!

P ictured below is the last bus leaving the middle school today - the last day of school for 2010-11.  But it will return again on August 15 and we will begin anew. Have a restful, happy, and renewing summer! See you again in August!!!!

Thank you!

Deborah

SchoolCenter Picture